Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DarrenM
New Contributor III

FortiClient with XML profiles question.

I'm using XML configuration for my FortiClient profiles.   I created a profile on the FortiGate with the desired settings, push it to the client, then I exported it into XML to use on the FortiClient profile on the FortiGate.   I had Application and Web Filtering set to specific profiles.   I have noticed in the XML, it has the settings from those profiles, but not the profiles themselves.   This is not desired as I want to be able to just update the Application/Web profiles not edit the XML for every little thing.   Is there a way to specify Application and Web Filter profiles in the XML?

1 Solution
DarrenM
New Contributor III

I actually got it to work.   If you just enable advanced VPN and not Endpoint Management, you can use XML for your VPN configuration and the standard profiles for Endpoint Management.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kolawale_FTNT

The FortiOS does not link the web filtering profile (configured on the FortiOS side) to the FortiClient XML configuration. If using the basic Endpoint Control configuration (instead of the Advanced Configuration) on the FortiGate, the web filtering profile is linked as you expect. You only need to make changes to the web filter profile once on the FortiGate.

You may want to try the new EMS product, now available in beta, if you have not  already done so.

DarrenM
New Contributor III

I actually got it to work.   If you just enable advanced VPN and not Endpoint Management, you can use XML for your VPN configuration and the standard profiles for Endpoint Management.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors