Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JPL-Safari
New Contributor

FortiClient VPN - Stuck on "Connecting"

Installing 7.4.0.1658 on two different Windows 11 (Dell Vostro and Dell Inspiron) Laptops.  Both laptops were Wiped and Prepped with the same Windows 11 23H2 Pro OS and are set up using very basic Intune Profiles (Intune barely does anything).

The VPN Client, when launched, only goes as far as "Connecting".  It never times out and appears as if its stuck.  

Are there any Windows Settings I should be looking at which would impact the clients ability to establish a connection?  Logs dont appear to show anything indicating the VPN is even attempting to connect.

35 REPLIES 35
sudheepnbr
New Contributor

Preferred DTLS Tunnel

Enable this and try
INT1
New Contributor II

Hello, What i have figgered out is you need to download VS C++ redistributable to be able to pass the connecting phase idk why you need this but that what solved the issue for me i would suggest you to install the 2015-2022 pack 

AGU_HD
New Contributor III

@INT1 wrote:

Hello, What i have figgered out is you need to download VS C++ redistributable to be able to pass the connecting phase idk why you need this but that what solved the issue for 

I'm pretty sure that's what I posted before in this thread back in July :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes:

webhostingsingapore
New Contributor

I think Fortinet should look into this and maybe prompt or alert that any extra package required to be installed. Thanks for this thread and I got my client issue resolved within a few minutes.

Show2
New Contributor

I know the VS C++ redistributab is the solution for Windows.
But I met the issue happened on Linux, and I have tried to use "ldd" to check fortitray.exe app, but I didn't find libraries that shown not found.

jalbertoTI
New Contributor

Hi, we have the same issue, and some has been resolve change Authentication to prompt on login.
Yes, we know its strange...but

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors