Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Peter_Burk
New Contributor

FortiClient EMS

Hei, am new here and have a question to EMS and clienter.

I see that Clients are online but EMS do not see them as active.

DNS is OK, firewall is disabled, its possible to ping the Clients with their domanenames, Remote registry service is running.

What is the problem and how can I fix that.

Was surching now for many hours...

Thanks Peter

1 Solution
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

AD has different forest functional levels etc and FortiClient is most likely current if you are deploying with EMS itself. Was just curious to gain more information while I do some digging.

View solution in original post

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
7 REPLIES 7
SteveG
Contributor III

Hey Peter, Sounds like you've hit the same issue as us. We've had a TAC ticket open since November but still not fixed. After a few false starts I believe TAC have found the issue and that's duplicate UID's within FortiClient. Initially we were blamed as FN thought we were deploying FC via an image but this isn't the case, we deploy FC using the EMS software creator so it would seem like an EMS bug, although they haven't confirmed this yet. We're not so bothered about the client being shown as 'Not Installed' in EMS but what continues to cause us real pain is the constant VPN disconnects as EMS keeps pushing the same profile to the client. Possibly using the default profile for all clients would help but this isn't an option for us. I'm a great fan of the FortiGate firewalls but this EMS ticket has been open for 7 months and currently no sign of a fix on the horizon. Not sure how long our business will tolerate constantly disconnecting (IPSec) VPN Connections.

If if helps here's the ticket number for the above ticket, might help you get some traction with support 1969466. 

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

What version of EMS / FortiClient?

What version of Windows / AD?

SteveG

Not sure who you're asking! We're running EMS 1.0.5 (latest release). All clients are Windows 7, EMS server is running 2012 not sure which version of AD though.

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

AD has different forest functional levels etc and FortiClient is most likely current if you are deploying with EMS itself. Was just curious to gain more information while I do some digging.

SteveG

I've checked with one of the AD chaps and the functional level is currently 2003.

Peter_Burk

Hy, we have the same Version as Steve, just updatet.

And I see another issue here, that fucking https://server:10443/installers certificate problem. Not one of my Clients has updatet the FC. Why not just using the lokal share for download?

jsexton
New Contributor

Did you ever get a fix for this? I think we might be in the same boat.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors