Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
userzer0
New Contributor II

FortiAP Connectivity Issue

I'm losing my mind... could really use some help (please)!

I'm Running a Fortiwifi 61e (with the onboard WIFI disabled)

Connected to it is a FortiAP-41e, via a F108 POE

Running 6.2 Firmware

Everything's been working great. No major firmware updates or changes within the last few months.

Today, i disconnected the AP though (needed the wifi completely off for a while), after reconnecting the AP I noticed that the "wifi didn't come back up".

The AP showed up as 'disconnected' in the gui.

I powercycled everything, but no joy.

I ended up deleting the AP from the config and factory resetting it - no joy.

Just in case the AP somehow got fried when i disconnected it, I spun up a second AP and encountered the same results.

To rule out the switch i have the second AP connected directly to the firewall, powered by a PoE injector.

I'm seeing the same results with both APs:

They showed up on the Managed FortiAPs page, needing authorization - I authorized them.

Now in the GUI they flip flop between "connecting" and "disconnected".

If i drill down to the logs for either AP, i see a bunch of ap-join events and ap-leave events. The ap-leave events have a reason of "na".

Can anyone help me, please??

Thanks in advance,

Z

1 REPLY 1
userzer0
New Contributor II

It looks like 10 more minutes of searching would have returned an answer - i just found this other forum topic:

https://forum.fortinet.com/tm.aspx?m=176782&mpage=2

It looks like the management network(s) of the APs needs to be in trusted hosts... That was one change, i made months ago. I guess i don't understand why the AP was operating for so long without issue.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors