Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aagrafi1
New Contributor III

FMG normalized interfaces with CLI

Hello,

I have to create dynamic mappings for 500+ interfaces in FMG and I'm looking for the CLI to do that, because it will take me 3 months to do it in the GUI.

I already have the dynamic mappings from the old FMG in CLI, which is:

diag dvm device dynobj  FG-1

=== VDOM root ===

config dynamic interface

edit vlan1902

config dynamic_mapping

edit "FG-1"-"root"

set local-intf "vlan1902"

next

end

next

end

But, I don’t know how to push this CLI to the target FMG. The command “config dynamic interface” simply does not work in the FMG.

Do you know the exact CLI to push the dynamic mappings for all normalized interfaces?

Thanks

Andreas 

5 REPLIES 5
funkylicious
Contributor III

Normalized interfaces, are locally relevant on FMG not on FGT.

As you map a interface from a device to a dynamic interface and use it in a policy, then push that policy on the FGT, you will see locally on it that it uses the real interface and not the dynamic one.

So, in your case, you just need to create the normalized interface and map it for every device.

geek
geek
aagrafi1

I'm afraid you didn't understand my question. I want to provision an FMG with 500 dynamic mappings. Can I do it in CLI?

crao
Staff
Staff

I am also looking for the same information. So far, I have not been able to find anything concrete. As soon as I find something, I will share.

Chirag Rao
asrour
Staff
Staff

you can do Per-Platform-Mapping if you are using a unified names of the interfaces.

A Srour
asrour
Staff
Staff

if the 500 dynamic interfaces are already created on the Fortigate, when you import the policies of that fortigate, the mapping will be created automatically

A Srour
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors