Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Milan_Bako
New Contributor

FAP14C DTLS

Hi, I would like to use DTLS on my FAP14C. For that I have on the FAP14C the firmware version of 5.0.7 and on the FGate 60C also the 5.0.7. In clear text there is no problem at all, it works perfect, but when I turn on the DTLS only the FAP dissapper from the FGate Managed FortiAPs list, and neither the ethernet on the FAP nor the wifi is reachable. Any suggestions, ideas? Thank you in advanced.
1 REPLY 1
AndreaSoliva
Contributor III

Hi it should work which means you have the prerequisits regarding DTLS. What can be is that on the FortiAP itself the encryption is not set to both wich means if you access the FortiAP itself on the WebInterface the standard config is bot clear-text and/or DTLS. If so you can set the enc on the WiFi controller to DTLS. if the FortiAP is on clear-text only set you can not set on WiFi DTLS because of the " clear-text" only. Check on the FortiAP what is setup: To enable telnet on the FortiAP do following: # config wireless-controller wtp # Edit [Serial of 14C] # set login-enable enable # end # exec telnet [IP of FAP] Of course if allowed you can also browse to the FAP if the rulebase allows this. Hope this helps. have fun Andrea
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors