Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
OF
New Contributor

External Malicous IPs hitting on Wan Interface

Hi,

I am seeing a lot of external malicious IPs as source in Traffic-Local logs to my wan interface on port 80. How can I block a list of different external IPs on my wan interface. If I configure a local-in-policy for blocking port 80 wan interface, will it block my other traffic for port 80? We are running an application on both port 80 and 443.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Well, port 80 (and port 443) open on a firewall's external port should be very, very well weighted. Sometimes you can shift those well known port numbers to a high range (50000+), letting the VIP 'down transform' that to the original port on the inside.

Apart from that, you could tailor the local-in policy with appropriate source address (whitelisting) instead of 'all'. Other than that, consider using a secure access via VPN. I take it that you have already disabled HTTP and HTTPS access on the WAN port, of course.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
OF
New Contributor

If I configure a local-in-policy for blocking port 80 wan interface, will it block my other traffic for port 80?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors