Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
skyer
New Contributor

Exchange behind 80c

I am in the processing of configuring my 80c. I have been reading through a lot of forum posts and other reading material. I know i have to: 1. Set up VIP from my public IP to the exchange server IP. with no port forwarding setup in the VIP. 2. Set up a policy that accepts all connections then maps the IP to the exchange server and this is where I add in the ports. So, I have a couple questions. BTW I am using firmware 5.0 patch 7. First off, when they say to map your public IP, would the be my " Whatsmyip" IP or would that be my public facing IP? Secondly, could I add in HTTP(S) along with the SMTP into the same policy, or would/should it be better in separate policies? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
JavBsd
New Contributor II

Hi Skyer, - Its your Public IP facing Internet. - You can use the same policy, there is no (IMHO) need to use another one. This way you preserve an order on your ruleset, and don' t adds another item to be processed. Remember that the firewall reads the policies one by one from the top to the bottom. I hope my answer helps you Regards. Jav.
skyer
New Contributor

Thanks! Email is now flowing.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors