Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Anatoli
New Contributor III

Dyndns I can´t reach trought Dydns

Hi there

I'm not  able to access via DydNS I notice that the DNS is green and that the public IP address is okay. 
I am connecting through DHCP and receiving a private IP address of 192.168.100.10 from the DNS  WAN provider enable https .
Why am  not I able to access this FW with DYdns?
One more thing: I modified the provider's DNS settings. I read somewhere that trying to modify the DNS default  fortiguard firewall for Provaider caused me to lose my connection to the firewall through my private IP address.
Could someone please explain this behaviour to me?

4 REPLIES 4
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @Anatoli ,

DYNDNS service just provides fqdn to you. If you don't have access to the public IP of your firewall from outside, dyndns will not work.

If you have an ISP modem or router you need to configure NAT for your firewall management address and port. If your ISP allows that, you can access your firewall from outside. Some ISPs use cgnat, and because of that, you can't access your device from the internet. If you have a station like that you need to talk with your ISP. 

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Anatoli
New Contributor III

Hi @ozkanaltas 

The plan is to build up a VIP, which the othe company  is  able ccess via public IP or DNS (public IP changes are preferred). I constantly struggle to understand that solution.
I hope you can clarify this for me. Please explain.
My issue is that the WAN is configured via Dhcp, which is why I am seeing 192.168.100.10  on my wan 
With the IP public that I am seeing on the dashboard information, is it possible to create a VIP in this situation? In response to your replay, I assume that it isn't because it appears that the isp doesn't have NAT redirection set to the IP 192.168.100.10.

Another way to do it is to set up the router modo bridge and setup the interface like ppoe , it is correct? 

Best regards

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hi @Anatoli ,

IP information on the dashboard, FortiGate gets this information from internet services like "what is my IP".  Because of that, this information is just cosmetic.

You have two options for achieving your request. The first one is, if it is possible you can configure nat on the ISP router/modem. The second one is, as you said you can configure the isp router/modem as a bridge mode. 

After this configuration, you can start to use VIP on your firewall.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Anatoli
New Contributor III

@ozkanaltas  thanks 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors