Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lalu
New Contributor II

Download old version of FortiClient

Hi,

I have some trouble with FortiClient 7 and Mac OS X BigSur.

I tried to set "Security & Privacy", but FortiClient tell me always " Network Error. Can not connect to VPN server".

I want to try to install the version 6.4.2 (I have another BigSur with this Forticlient versione and works fine), but website www.forticlient.com is redirected to the main fortinet website and seems that the old version has been removed for download.

Where I can download the old version?

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

and welcome to the forums.

You can find the FC installers on the support site (support.fortinet.com). You need to have an account there, though. Then, in 'support', 'firmware' you will find the 'FortiClient' folder, with all (a lot of) different versions.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
eraff
New Contributor

Hello.  We use the free version of FortiClient. I did as you said and made an account for support.fortinet.com but under Firmware, it says... "Sorry, you don't have any product covered by Fortinet support contract." We are using the free version.  How do I access version 6.4 of the installer? We have a few devices using this version and would like to install the same version on another device.

ALSI_ITPF3

If you purchase Fortigate support from distributer, ask there about it. Support contractor might prepare tech support and client software download web site.

sw2090
Honored Contributor

You have to purchase a FortiCare License fr your Fortinet Device and register that device in support portal with that license. Then you will be able to download Firmware/FortiClient.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Clearly you don't have to purchase a support contract to use the *free* FortiClient.

But, there will be a reason why you want to use FC, usually because you want to connect to a Fortigate. And the company/guy who owns that FGT can download any version of FC for you. That's how I would handle this.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
sw2090
Honored Contributor

ede_pfau: true. But you can only download older versions - as required by the threaadstarter - via download section of support portal which you can only access with a vaild registered support contract.

You can always download the current free version at the public download page as mentioned by the thread strter .

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
mone
New Contributor

Thanks, your guide works!

INFOLogin

May I get a clue of whre you actually hide those old FortiVPN packages?

Thank you!

arilsonsantos
New Contributor

I also need that, but...
arilsonsantos_0-1663419809111.png

Even with an account :(

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors