Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Frosty
Contributor

Documentation for v5.0.7 database schema?

I' m wanting to develop some custom reports and am having trouble finding documentation which tells me the database schema and stuff like expected ranges of values. e.g. in writing a report on WiFi APs detected, I know that Event log 43521 has values like SSID, BSSID, Signal and so on ... but I don' t really know what Signal represents (i.e. how to interpret it). In this example I would like to report on Unclassified SSIDs where the MAX(signal) is greater than -65dB ... and how to determine the signal strength is the bit I cannot work out.
1 REPLY 1
Frosty
Contributor

I would still be very interested in some kind of database reference schema info, but in the meantime I have a working solution. I upgraded our FAZ100C from v5.0.6 to v5.0.7 and after the SQL database rebuilt itself, it looks like it is giving me better data. The values in the Signal column now look like dBm values instead of just a raw number. Wrote a SQL statement as follows which seems to give me what I need, however I won' t be sure until I am 100% confident in the data from the Signal column.
select ssid,
 	bssid,
 	max(signal) as strength,
 	manuf,
 	securitymode,
 	radioband,
 	channel,
 	onwire as on_wire,
 	(case apstatus when 0 then ' unclassified'  when 1 then ' rogue'  when 2 then ' accepted'  when 3 then ' suppressed'  else ' others'  end) as ap_full_status
 from $log 
 where $filter 
 	and apstatus=0 
 	and bssid is not null 
 	and onwire=' no'  
 	and logid=' 43521'  
 	and signal > -75
 group by ssid, 
 	bssid, 
 	manuf,
 	securitymode, 
 	radioband, 
 	channel, 
 	on_wire, 
 	ap_full_status
 order by strength desc

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors