Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
gatorHeel
New Contributor

DHCP issue with WIFI interface

Hi All, We are having an issue with DCHP on a FWF40C (4.0 MR3 P14) where wireless clients do not get an IP. Wireless clients are the only ones affected. The resolution is simply to issue the command " exec dhcp lease-clear" . Fixes it instantly and every time it occurs. Problem is this is quite annoying to our users. To make it even more interesting, we have two SSID' s configured (one with access to a VLAN on the internal interface and a guest SSID with outbound WAN access only). The issue does not seem to exist on the guest SSID. I' ve had a couple of tickets open with Fortinet but they want us to run all sorts of tests/logs when it occurs which is difficult to explain to our users. I' ve tried re-creating the wireless SSID as well as the DHCP server on more than one occasion without success. Although I' m calling this a DHCP issue, we are using the FWF DHCP for all other interfaces (which includes a couple of VLANs and VPN dialer) without issue. Incidentally, also had a HP OfficeJet printer that was not able to obtain an IP from this device unless setting the radio to 802.11b. Rather than troubleshoot with this device, I' m tempted to try another device to see if the same issue occurs. Does anyone have any feedback/suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
Anil_Kumar
New Contributor

Hi All Yes, i have faced this issue, it just doesnt work at all, even if we restart it doesnt work. Only when we clear the lease then it starts working. Please help in letting know the solution. Thank You Anil Kumar
gatorHeel
New Contributor

The issue ended up being related to improper configuration. Specifically an overlapping subnet on this particular WiFi interface and the dial-up VPN interface.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors