Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

VLAN not creatable

I have a bit brain lag. I have been asked to create a vlan interface on a 100A. It is using 4.2.9 internal is configured as switch interface -> :( but with lots of rules/objects in place a change now is not possible. The wanted to have the config of course on internal. this fails with the cryptic error message " Invalid Input" in Gui or on CLI: " FG-HA01 # config sys interface FG-HA01 (interface) # edit wifi_mobile new entry ' wifi_mobile' added FG-HA01 (wifi_mobile) # set interface internal FG-HA01 (wifi_mobile) # set vlanid 4 FG-HA01 (wifi_mobile) # set ip 10.200.41.254/24 FG-HA01 (wifi_mobile) # set vdom root (wifi_mobile) # end object set operator error, -651 discard the setting Command fail. Return code -651" i tried to create the VLAN on DMZ1 interface now it fails with either " invalid input" or " Ip Adress of interface is same as others" - while the other interfaces have a 10.200.254.254/24 (internal) and an official IP on wan1. Any hints what actually goes wrong there? I was one time (for a test able to create the vlan using a different IP e.g. 192.168.17.1/24) but after deletion of the vlan even that fails in consecutive attempts with invalid input
5 REPLIES 5
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Just guessing here: - might be a bug corrected later in the 4.2 branch; upgrade to 4.2.13 - might be caused by the " _" underscore character; try with " wifi" name alone You may enable debugging in the CLI: diag deb cli 7 Default is 3.
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

Same with Wifi as Name.. Still fails on DMZ Interface with " invalid Input" as well: deb cli 7 FG-HA01 (interface) # edit wifi new entry ' wifi' added FG-HA01 (wifi) # set interface dmz1 path=system, objname=interface, size=2088, sz_attr=1 attr : interface dmz1, 16, 220 FG-HA01 (wifi) # set vlanid 4 path=system, objname=interface, size=2088, sz_attr=1 attr : vlanid 4, 2, 260 FG-HA01 (wifi) # set ip 10.200.41.254/24 path=system, objname=interface, size=2088, sz_attr=1 attr : ip 10.200.41.254/24, 8, 16 FG-HA01 (wifi) # set vdom root path=system, objname=interface, size=2088, sz_attr=1 attr : vdom root, 12, 856 FG-HA01 (wifi) # end child return 0x0 cmd_clean_context 0, abort=0 object set operator error, -651 discard the setting Command fail. Return code -651 Well maybe an update then.. I' ll go for the 4.2.15 or why would i use the .13?
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

Update to 4.2.15 everything works as expected.. *gnaa* I can configure VLANs (even on the internal switch).. nice. So it was not me, but crappy firmware/whatever
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

...been there, done that...
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Ditto...

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors