Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Gido
New Contributor

DDNS updates on (failover) WAN

I have two wan(s) configures for failover, my WAN1 is the primary connection my WAN2 is the secondary connection. When WAN1 fails ( interconnection is lost ) WAN2 gets active. As soon as WAN1 is online again it takes over WAN2.

This works great, but I want to update also the DYNDNS. So if WAN1 drops and WAN2 took over the IP address changes and I want to update the DYNDNS, if WAN1 comes backup online again the IP changes again and I want to update the same DYNDNS name with the current IP in use.

I can’t figure it out how this one works.

Anybody any idea ? Gido.

1 REPLY 1
makco10
Contributor II

Hello,

Try this:

config system ddns     edit 1         set ddns-server dyndns.org         set ddns-domain "abc.com"         set ddns-username "abc"         set ddns-password ENC 7QdYBvGrYeAlMXXFaepEZRKzc0bOuXTpp +rutXdJ8gkVkcUPcn20Mvlu78+FRgupRbaE8wiK0QN3Sf8knQwimEVIDP4IpDhSwUKiFjQY2lMpMGqSGltxbxA +e6R6VIJtRy2v9UgYoZwvMw6TDbkeOBs7uG5NOSYGF/6Sw/KtJ6bucZKf9ggbug8yyjmCtJ3Ufu4ppA==         set monitor-interface "wan1"     next     edit 2         set ddns-server dyndns.org         set ddns-domain "xyz.com"         set ddns-username "abc"         set ddns-password ENC CO2cemQO8WL+jf2MCB8W9vJnlrruDp8ixcvrlcN7a1Zb7Lr2dIlbcixTPYgsF3QrGrEp/V7S +KbYNQjB7/amS67RKFAMWjBnw8oP4qh5Neh05VYbrBu//AdNaU60UspAtDbQqW6UZN6DspDRoW3ZCBjTld7vrPLAtkwyIGbj8I9QrVDZ5pIS5wL6cL2+bUFf3yL Mqg==         set monitor-interface "wan2"     next end

http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/viewContent.do?externalId=FD36633&sliceId=1

Defend Your Enterprise Network With Fortigate Next Generation Firewall
Defend Your Enterprise Network With Fortigate Next Generation Firewall
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors