Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JakeBlues
New Contributor

Customize Captive Portal %%QUESTION%%

Hi,

I'm translating the login page replacement message on a FortiGate 80F.

How can I modify the "Please enter your username and password to continue" contained into %%QUESTION%% variable.

Ok, I can delete the reference and insert a static text, but I'd like to find out some better solution.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @JakeBlues,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. Could you let me know if you have tried to customize the replacement messages of the FortiGate using the below docs

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.4.0/administration-guide/131140/replacement-messages

We hope this document will be helpful. Please us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and regards,

JakeBlues

Hi @Anonymous ,

yes, and it orked perfectly. My question is how to translate %%QUESTION%%.

I see two ways:

1. Replace it with static text. Fast but it's not the correct way to do that.
  2. Edit %%QUESTION%% somewhere. Where? Is it possible?

Of couse I would like to avoid solution 1 because it's bad practice to hide static strings inside a page, instead of variables.

Any idea?

Thanks

Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Not sure what exact replacement page have QUESTION variable and what it is. But it must be fed or used from/by a script (Javascript?) so you can't change but only remove if you don't want to have it there.

Toshi

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors