Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JakeBlues
New Contributor

Customize Captive Portal %%QUESTION%%

Hi,

I'm translating the login page replacement message on a FortiGate 80F.

How can I modify the "Please enter your username and password to continue" contained into %%QUESTION%% variable.

Ok, I can delete the reference and insert a static text, but I'd like to find out some better solution.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @JakeBlues,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. Could you let me know if you have tried to customize the replacement messages of the FortiGate using the below docs

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.4.0/administration-guide/131140/replacement-messages

We hope this document will be helpful. Please us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and regards,

JakeBlues

Hi @Anonymous ,

yes, and it orked perfectly. My question is how to translate %%QUESTION%%.

I see two ways:

1. Replace it with static text. Fast but it's not the correct way to do that.
  2. Edit %%QUESTION%% somewhere. Where? Is it possible?

Of couse I would like to avoid solution 1 because it's bad practice to hide static strings inside a page, instead of variables.

Any idea?

Thanks

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Not sure what exact replacement page have QUESTION variable and what it is. But it must be fed or used from/by a script (Javascript?) so you can't change but only remove if you don't want to have it there.

Toshi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors