Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DarrenM
New Contributor III

Custom FortiClient Install Service won't start

I built a custom install of the  FortiClient and it installs OK, asks the user to reboot, but the service just sits at  "Starting."   Out of the  65 machines I have deployed to, maybe 5 it has worked correctly on.   All of them Windows 7 using the  same image from WDS. All should have the same windows updates as we use WSUS.

Behaves the same with either the MSI or EXE.

Config attached.

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_Lin_FTNT

How did you deploy them? What is WDS?

DarrenM

Chris.Lin wrote:

How did you deploy them? What is WDS?

Initially through Kaspersky Security Center.   However, it behaves the same way if I try to do a manual install with the exe or msi.

Chris_Lin_FTNT

Were you trying to upgrade an old version of FortiClient? From which version?

DarrenM

Chris.Lin wrote:

Were you trying to upgrade an old version of FortiClient? From which version?

I've tried it on ones running the SSLVPN Client, and ones with no VPN installed at all.   Behaves the same.

Chris_Lin_FTNT

As to "the service just sits at Starting", which service?

DarrenM

Chris.Lin wrote:

As to "the service just sits at Starting", which service?

The FortiClient Scheduler Service.   You can open up the client, but VPN will never get to 100% and it will not register the endpoint to the firewall.

Chris_Lin_FTNT

I have a post 5.2.4 interim build on https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cb0j4pxw1f8nq84/AABHzZW1bpx1VjzYAmiK00S9a?dl=0

You can go into windows\0654 folder to download the files.

It has some bug fixes but not sure if it can fix your issue.

DarrenM

I'll give it a try.   Thanks!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors