Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BumbleBee
New Contributor

Connecting 2 switches to fortigate 60B

Hi, I would like to connect 2 switches to A Fortigate firewall 60B (Yes I know i' s old ). I see there are several (actually 6) internal RJ45 ports and now it is connected to only one port with one switch. I also see that the port is configured to use the following: Addressing mode - Manual IP/Netmask: 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0 What should I configure on the second RJ45 interface so it will work ? Do I need to split the network so one port will use 192.168.1.1-150 and the second port will use 192.168.1.151-254 ? Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
BumbleBee

I guess I will hold this issue. I suppose to buy a new FW, So i will do it then. Any recommendation on FW and types for a small size office 50 users ? Thanks
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

OK, for 50 users a 60B might be a little too weak. Right-sizing is part of the magic a Fortinet partner can do for you. It depends on a lot of parameters. And nobody wants to oversize, i.e. overspend. For an office with a couple of VPNs, some AV, 50 users, some Mbit/s WAN link I' d guess an 80C would be enough, maybe a 110C. But this really is crystal ball science.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors