Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
book
New Contributor

Configuring Static Route

Hello, I suppose, simple problem, but I can not ping between two loopbacks on FortiGate. I deploy images on WMware, set IP address on one FortiGate with 192.168.1.102/24, port1, and the second FortiGate with 192.168.1.103/24, port1. I can ping these interfaces, but when I create loopback called LAN2 on first FortiGate, and the second loopback called LAN3 on second FortiGate, and I can not ping between these two loopback. When I type " get router info routing-table all" on each FortiGates I see correct routes to the interface, and to the loopbacks. Also, I edit policy route, but I am not sure If correct, on first FortiGate it looks like: config router policy edit 1 set input-device " LAN2" set src 2.2.2.0 255.255.255.0 set dst 3.3.3.0 255.255.255.0 set protocol 6 set start-port 443 set end-port 443 set gateway 192.168.1.103 set output-device " port1" next end And on the second FortiGate: config router policy edit 1 set input -device " LAN3" set src 3.3.3.0 255.255.255.0 set dst 2.2.2.0 255.255.255.0 set protocol 6 set start-port 443 set end-port 443 set gateway 192.168.1.102 set output-device " port1" next end When I login via WebConfig I see ther is some policy route which deny all traffic, but I can not it nor edit or delete. Thanks in advance for tips!
7 REPLIES 7
TheJaeene
Contributor

Hi, my first guess: the policy routes shown are not matching ICMP Traffic. Create additional Policy Routes with Protocol 1 Regards, Jan
book
New Contributor

I create second Policy Routes, but without ping success. I cant create new policy for that abov, which deny all traffic, I supposed that this is the problem, via WebConfig I cant too. You can see two pictures (prompt: Entry not found when I click OK).
book
New Contributor

And the same story via CLI: Or there is the prompt " Input value is invalid" . What I did wrong?
TheJaeene
Contributor

Why are you using policy routes anyway? Just define two routes on each fortigate and add the corresponding Firewall Rules. I think you are messing something up regarding the purpose of Policy Routes. Regards, Jan
book
New Contributor

Yes, I messed up Policy Routes with Firewall Rules. I configured bad features. Now, I configure Firewall Rules which accept all trafic and it works. Anyway, thanks for help - it is my beginning with Fortinet technology :)
TheJaeene
Contributor

You´re welcome, we all started as bloody rookies
book
New Contributor

I have another question. The same topology with three FortiGate units, everything pings ok, I mean 192.168.1.0/24 subnets and loopback on each of them. Now I add IP address 100.0.0.1 to the port2 on " FortiGate two" . What should I do to ping from 192.168.1.102 (port1 on FortiGate two), and another FortiGate units (first and third)? Default route from port2, " FortiGate two" ? Where, how? OK, I did it by static route.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors