Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kelv1n
New Contributor

Configuring Fortigates to get Fortiguard update from FMG? how?

Hi

We're running Fortigates with v5.2.x and FMG 5.2.1.

How do you tell a fortigate to check FMG for Fortiguard updates before going to the proper Fortiguard Service Service?

The fortiOS manual say

config system central-management
 set fortimanager-fds-sigupdate-override enable
 set sig-update-server-1 10.10.10.10
 set sig-update-server-2 20.20.20.20
 set sig-update-server-3 30.30.30.30
end

But none of these commands actually exist in the CLI.

I've seen other websites stating run "set fortimanager-fds-override enable" but this doesn't exist anymore.

17 REPLIES 17
AndreaSoliva
Contributor III

Hi

even I have to say I do not work with 5.2 at the moment because it is too buggy for me I would say following:

config system central-management set mode normal set type fortimanager set fmg "3.3.3.3" #set fmg-source-ip 0.0.0.0 set schedule-config-restore enable set schedule-script-restore enable set allow-push-configuration enable set allow-pushd-firmware enable set allow-remote-firmware-upgrade enable set allow-monitor enable #set serial-number set vdom root set enc-algorithm default config server-list edit 1 set server-type upate server-address 0.0.0.0 end end

The config which points the FGT to FMG is the "config server list". Again I'm not sure but it is visible in this way for me. There is also a addtional command which should be probably disable which means:

include-default-servers {enable | disable}  Enable or disable inclusion of public FortiGuard servers in the override server list.

Because this command enables default FortiGuard server etc. I would recommend to disable the stuff because you do not want to use FortiGuard.

Hope this helps

have fun

Andrea

Anne
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I have the exact same config and the Fortimanager is not pushing the updates to the Fortigates

scao_FTNT

have you enabled service access on FMG interface?

FMG-VM64 # conf sys interface (interface)# ed port1 (port1)# set serviceaccess  fclupdates            FortiClient updates access.  fgtupdates            FortiGate updates access.  webfilter-antispam    Web filtering and antispam access.

Thanks

Simon

Anne
New Contributor III

Thanks,

This config is already there.

conf sys int

edit 'port1'

set serviceaccess fgtupdates webfilter-antispam webfilter antispa

This has been enabled on the interface which is connected to the Fortigate firewall and not on the interface which is connected to the Internet? Is this how its meant to be?

scao_FTNT

This has been enabled on the interface which is connected to the Fortigate firewall

-- correct

what is the FOS version? can you enable below debug see which IP FGT send request to?

diag deb en

diag deb app update 255

and then "exec update-now"

Thanks

simon

Anne
New Contributor III

The Fortios is 5.2.6

upd_act.c[275] __upd_act_update-Trying FDS 10.200.1.1:8890 with AcceptDelta=0

upd_comm.c[215] tcp_connect_fds-Proxy tunneling is disabled

This is the correct FMG ip address

scao_FTNT

does FMG link to public FGD and have received latest update?

Thanks

Simon

scao_FTNT

tcp_connect_fds-Proxy tunneling is disabled

-- from this debug, seems FGT can not reach that IP 10.200.1.1 somehow

so ping from FGT to 10.200.1.1 is OK? and 8890 port is allowed from FGT to FMG?

Anne
New Contributor III

Sorry, thats not the case. The Fortigate happily downloads all the AV/IPS updates and does license verification for the number of vdoms, AV/IPS.

There is no firewall between FMG & FGT

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors