Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Configuring DNSBL - error return code 1

I' m trying to setup the DNSBL to use spamcop and spamhaus, but when I follow the instructions in the CLI: config spamfilter DNSBL I get: command parse error before ' DNSBL' Command fail. Return code 1
5 REPLIES 5
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

config spamfilter DNSBL
Not uppercase; just lowercase

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

Well, I tried all lowercase and get the same results, BTW: config spamfilter dnsbl replies back with: command parse error before ' dnsbl' Command fail. Return code 1
abelio

If you run MR5 the syntax is:
 config spamfilter dnsbl
     edit 1
         set comment ' <opcional>' 
             config entries
                 edit 1
                     set action {spam|reject}
                     set server " name_rbl_server" 
                     set status {enable|disable}
                 next
             end
         set name " My_RBLS" 
     next
 end

On the other side, if you run another lower MR, the syntax would be:
 config spamfilter rbl
     edit 1
         set action {spam|reject}
         set server " name_rbl_server" 
         set status {disable|enable}
     next
 end

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Not applicable

Thanks, how do I get the documentation fixed, as Fortinet clearly states in the manual that it' s UPPERCASE.
abelio

Thanks, how do I get the documentation fixed, as Fortinet clearly states in the manual that it' s UPPERCASE.
As stated in http://docs.forticare.com, you can send your comments and suggestions to: techdoc@fortinet.com Subject=Technical Documentation Comment I' ve done several times and I' ve received answers. Just for comment, there' s no uppercase commands within CLI (public ones at least)

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors