Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fireshield
New Contributor

Client VPN bugs

I have a rather nasty issue facing me at the moment. Let me start with a bit of history... We have been using the FortiClient with static Virtual IP settings for over a year without issues. Within the last 2 months, the Fortinet Virtual Adapter started disappearing on many boxes. This would break our VPNs since we were relying on that adapter as a home for the Virtual IP. Being Fortinet has absolutely NO support for the FortiClient, our only option was to abandon using the Virtual IP and let the FortiGate see the actual PCs IP address. This caused a new problem - some of the clients are getting the same IP address from their local router (probably a standard config Linksys). Whenever one of these clients connect it boots the already connected client with that same IP address. So, my issue is how to do some form of NAT on these connections so it supports client hosts with the same IP address...and without using the VPN client settings to do it (remember, the Virtual Adapter is missing). Anyone else had similar results or a direction I might look in to get this resolved?
FCSE > FCNSP 2.8 > FCNSP 3.0 (Former) FCT
10 REPLIES 10
Fireshield
New Contributor

It looks as though we' re having some success with discovering that the adapter is being hidden. We' ll continue some more testing and let you know. Thanks again vanc!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors