Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Supi
New Contributor

Cisco VPN conflict

Hi, Does anyone have experience on Cisco VPN Client problems? I have a laptop that has a Cisco VPN client installed and also Forticlient SSL VPN -software. Now the Forticlient does not work. The connection opens fine, but there is no ip for the forticlient. I have tried the following: - uninstall the cisco vpn - reinstall forticlient They didnt do the trick so I´m stuck with this. Maybe someone has knowledge on how to uninstall the cisco for good?
2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I' m running the 2 on windows7 *& mac osx 10 something , and have not had or seen any problems. Since the cisco vpnclient is ipsec and fortinet is ssl, I don' t see how they would create a conflict. 1: are you sure it' s on your end, (did anything change on the fortigate your connecting to? ) 2: are you trying to run both clients at the same time? Btw, I also have the cisco anyconnect client install also all 3 clients works great on my laptop. If you have a support contract, contact fortinet and see what they say.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Supi
New Contributor

Hi, Problem solved. I uninstalled the ethernet network adapter and rebooted. The adapter was reinstalled at boot and then I reinstalled the Forticlient. This works for me, because we are going to stop using the Cisco VPN.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors