Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
upllop
New Contributor

Captive Portal FAC/FGT

I have a guest WIFI that uses the FAC Captive portal and its all set up as per the guides, Guest gets the captive portal popup, I can see he registers, gets put into the "GUEST" group on the FAC, and the Fortigate uses that group "remote server group" to authenticate, I authorise the user, but he cannot connect, The FAC logs show the error "Authentication failed: NAS cannot find user realm" the Realm is set to local! where the guest group is, so I'm a little confused on the error, any thoughts please?

VidMate
2 REPLIES 2
spoojary
Staff
Staff

The error message "authentication failed: nas cannot find user realm" typically indicates a mismatch or misconfiguration between the realm settings on the FortiAuthenticator (FAC) and the FortiGate. In this case, since the realm is set to local where the guest group is located, it's important to ensure that the realm settings on both the FAC and the FortiGate are aligned.

Siddhanth Poojary
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors