Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
catgifs
New Contributor

Can't Reach Web GUI over Public IP (WAN interface)

Hello, 

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here as all of our FortiWiFi's are managed over their WAN interface. All the information is correct, the site has internet connectivity, and I can ping their Public facing address, but cannot reach the admin gui remotely. It's set up as follows: 

FortiWiFi (WAN1) plugs into Catalyst 2960 PoE switch, Cable Modem also plugs in to Switch, the ports have a vlan grouping to bring these together.

WAN1 has HTTPS, PING, FMG-Access, CAPWAP, and SNMP enabled. The default route to go through the provider is correct, as well as their IP. 

If there's any more information that's needed, let me know so I can provide it. 

Thanks for any help. 

1 REPLY 1
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Any of the configured admin login IDs have IP restrictions in place?

Check the admin-sport setting under config system global (in the CLI) for which port to connect to. e.g. maybe you need to connect to https://222.111.111.11:8443.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors