Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rajendra
New Contributor

Radius server groups

Hi,

Is it possible to add radius server groups in FortiOS? I can only see primary and secondary radius servers under one name?

Also I can bind multiple radius servers to user groups. With that will the users get authenticated from any of the linked radius servers?

Thanks,

Raj

1 Solution
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I guessing you want to group 2x radius servers for redundancy? I just wrote a blog entry providing examples of this;

And on the 2nd question, yes the 2 radius servers could authenticate the user.

http://socpuppet.blogspot.com/2015/10/fortigate-radius-observations.html

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I guessing you want to group 2x radius servers for redundancy? I just wrote a blog entry providing examples of this;

And on the 2nd question, yes the 2 radius servers could authenticate the user.

http://socpuppet.blogspot.com/2015/10/fortigate-radius-observations.html

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
rajendra
New Contributor

Actually i have to add 3 radius servers for resiliency. I can see that two can be grouped but cant figure out how to use 3.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Simple,  after you set the 1st server , the cfg will allow you to set the secondary, after setting the 2nd, the cfg will allow the  3rd

e.g

config user radius     edit "socpuppets_1plus1eq2.com"         set server "1.1.1.1"         set secret mysecrethere                 set secondary-server "1.1.1.2"         set secondary-secret mysecrete

set tertiary-server '1.1.1.3         set tertiary-secret mysceretagainhere     next end

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors