Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Chuchubi
New Contributor

CLI parser error when trying to create Static route on FortiWeb VM KVM

Hi guys,

Maybe someone had this before. I am using an trial/evaluation version of FortiWeb 6. According to Fortinet I should be able to evaluate Fortiweb for 15 days. Now I am trying to create the first Static default route towards my Fortigate. When I click on a OK nothing happens. When I click on OK again I get "CLI Parser error". And here is where it gets stuck. Via CLI it will kick you out and you would have to logon again. Afterwards only parser error when you try again. I tried v6 built1464 and 1489. Anyone experienced this?Fortiwebv6built 1489.PNG 

6 REPLIES 6
Raghu_Kumar
Staff
Staff

Hello,

When entering a command, the CLI requires that you use valid syntax and conform to expected input constraints. It will reject invalid commands.

For example, if you do not type the entire object that will receive the action of a command operator such as config, the CLI will return an error message such as:

Command fail. CLI parsing error

This document uses the following conventions to describe valid command syntax.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiweb/7.4.0/cli-reference/909750/command-syntax

Raghuram Kumar
mpeddalla
Staff
Staff

Hello @Chuchubi ,

Thank you for contacting the Fortinet forum portal,

-As confirmed by my @Raghu_Kumar  because of the error in the configuration you might see that error.

-Did you try creating from CLI ? if not I would recommend to try 

config router static

edit <route_index>

set device "<interface_name>"

set dst "<destination_ip>"

set gateway "<router_ip>"

next

end

example: default gateway 

config router static

edit 1

set dst "0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0"

set gateway "192.0.2.1"

set device port1

next

end

-In the above diagram which you posted you didn't enter full destination 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 please correct and check.

refer to below article steps :

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiweb/7.4.0/cli-reference/180788/router-static

Best Regards,

Manasa.

Chuchubi

Hi Manasa,
When I run the command in CLI it won't even take the "edit 1" string. Let alone the rest. As I mentioned above this error I get it in GUI and CLI.Fortiweb failed CLI command.PNG

ddsouza_FTNT
Staff
Staff

@Chuchubi Could you please share the output of the following commands?

show system interface port1

show router static

Chuchubi

@ddsouza_FTNT , I tested a few other builds and I found built 0577 that worked for me without errors. So I am just testing a POC with that version now. Thanks for your assist.

ddsouza_FTNT

No worries. Glad to know you didn't come across the same problem with the latest build.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors