Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
petertavenier
New Contributor

Automatic backup not working to specific directory.

The automatic backup seems to have an bug with the directory, or am I doing something wrong?

config is:

config system backup all-settings
    set status enable

set protocol sftp
    set server "10.10.10.10"
    set user "user"
    set directory "/home/user/incoming/"
    set week_days sunday
    set time "15:27:10"
    set passwd ENC *****
    set crptpasswd ENC *****
end

When I have debug enabled:

diagnose debug application logd -1 

diagnose debug timestamp enable I get the error:

Request:

{ "client": "scheduled:15300", "id": 1, "method": "set", "params": [ { "data": { "local_file": "\/var\/config\/SYS_FMG-VM******_******_20160417_1438.dat", "msg": "SFTP error: Invalid directory \/home\/user\/incoming\/", "pty_err": 9, "pty_oper": 0, "pty_sess": 1, "pty_step": 5, "remote_filename": "", "remote_ip": "10.10.10.10", "remote_path": "\/home\/user\/incoming\/", "remote_port": 0, "userid": "user" }, "url": "\/log\/event\/system\/pty_operation" } ] }

So why do I get the "SFTP error: Invalid directory \/home\/user\/incoming\/" message. This directory works fine from the CLI:

execute backup all-settings sftp 10.10.10.10 /home/user/incoming/ user ***** *****
Changing the directory to / and it works fine!? But obviously I want another directory...

config system backup all-settings

set directory "/"
end

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors