Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tmoe
New Contributor

Apple Products over WIFI

I am having a very difficult time with Apple products in general over our wifi network provided by a FortiWifi 80CM. It is running MR3 P7 and has been for quite some time. We get complaints and i have seen it firsthand about the wifi taking so long to hook the website, mostly iPad iPhone users. Once you have the site loaded and are communicating with the wifi it seems to run normally but it' s that first hook that sometimes takes 5 minutes of the spinning wheel of death on the device to hook up. Just wondering if anyone else experiences this issue. I don' t want to replace my fortinet by any means but a standard $50 Linksys from Walmart runs better than my $900 fortinet and it' s embarrassing to say the least when a dumb user comes in and says I don' t have this issue at home on my Linksys so it' s not my device. Help please, I can' t stand any more bad mouth comments about our wifi network. Thank you in advance, Tmoe
FG200B - HA Cluster FWF60B (15) - Remote sites MPLS FWF80C (5) - Remote sites IPSEC FLG800 - FortiAnalyzer FMG400B - FortiManager FortiClient (250 seats) Remote users
FG200B - HA Cluster FWF60B (15) - Remote sites MPLS FWF80C (5) - Remote sites IPSEC FLG800 - FortiAnalyzer FMG400B - FortiManager FortiClient (250 seats) Remote users
10 REPLIES 10
veechee
New Contributor

Dave, I' m going to try upgrade the boxes to 4.0MR3 before Christmas and then see if that helps things when people are back to work at that office in the 2013.
ORIGINAL: Rob Fugate And if you do go with another wifi solution, Ubiquity or FortiAP should be the only way to go in the enterprise.
I just ordered a Ruckus 7363 for an office in China. I saw a Fortinet presentation last week on wireless, and I would now give them another shot with FOS 5.0. However, I' m not ready to run FOS 5.0 yet organization wide so I can' t pick Fortinet wireless this time. Plus, in China Fortinet gear is very expensive, with a dual-band FAP costing quite a bit more than Cisco and Ruckus.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors