Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
huckk
New Contributor

Amazon.com - Sketchiness

I ordered a Fortiswitch FS-148E-POE from Amazon.com. It was listed for what seemed to be a low price. I received it today from a third party reseller that shipped this next-day air with UPS. Seems like a stupidly low price once I factor in the shipping cost. The switch I received was clearly opened previously. So I contacted the seller who was listed as Blue Ally, but actually shows up as BecTech Global when I click the contact the third party seller option.

So, I did a bit of digging. I contacted Fortigate and the serial number on this switch was sold to Insightz Technology out of Singapore, and BecTech Global is not a listed reseller of Fortinet products. Everything else at a glance checks out though. There are minor font differences and labelling choices between this and a different Fortiswitch I have with a year older manufacturing date. The "security" sticker Fortinet appears to use on one of their screws is a bit of a joke, so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas how I can confirm that this isn't a knockoff product or something with a chipped backdoor in it https://vlc.onl/ .

1 REPLY 1
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

"There is nothing like a free lunch" - if it seems too good to be true, it is.

If you don't trust them, send it back and get it from a known FTNT reseller. The 1xx series is not really expensive -

Might get interesting if you try to register the serial # and a FortiCare contract on it.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors