Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Allowed and denied traffic loging to syslog

Hello, I have a FortiGate-60 (3.0 MR3) and I am trying to log to a syslog server al trafic allowed and denied by certain policies. I setup the syslog server in Log&Report -> Syslog Config (this is working becuase I get the FortiGate " EventLog" ). The I set up a couple of firewall policies like: config firewall policy (policy)# edit 8 (8)# get policyid : 8 srcintf : dmz dstintf : wan1 srcaddr: == [ all ] name: all dstaddr: == [ Agronomia ] name: Agronomia action : deny status : enable schedule : always service: == [ ANY ] name: ANY profile-status : disable logtraffic : enable trafficshaping : disable ntlm : disable fsae : disable fsae-guest-profile : (null) natip : 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 diffserv-forward : disable diffserv-reverse : disable tcp-mss-sender : 0 tcp-mss-receiver : 0 comments : Test de deny y log Where " Agronomia" is a network name to test this. I know the policy is working because I set Deny and Allow and that affect the traffic, but I do not get any log about that in the syslog server. Do you know if I make a mistake in the configuration or how should I configure the FG to log the traffic? Thanks and regards,
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable

In the CLI, use the ' diag log test' command to generate a bogus allowed traffic log entry. If this does not make it to your syslog then you' re likely not logging at the proper severity. Allowed traffic is logged at Notice severity, and violation traffic is logged at Warning severity.
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

I' m not sure if you can log traffic information to the syslog, only system specific information.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Not applicable

Thank you all. I needed to make some changes through the CLI: config log syslogd filter set attack enable set email enable set im enable set severity information set traffic enable set virus enable set web enable Regards,
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors