Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FGTnewbie
New Contributor

Adding subnets to existing VPN tunnel Fortigate 200D to Cisco ASA

hello everyone, 

I am a newbie to Fortigate VPN connections. We have a VPN  connection (Fortigate 200D) with our partners usine Cisco ASA. I need to add a second subnet at our end to the VPN and also additional remote subnets to the VPN tunnel. I really need all the help i can get with this. 

Thanks 

1 Solution
ede_pfau

Sorry, your post slipped, strange. You'll usually find support in the forums if someone has an idea - but still, this is a user's forum a.k.a. "best effort". Fortinet support could have helped you by now I'm sure.

You've found the answer yourself then which is good. Problem solved.

One tiny step from 'desperate' to 'supporting' would be to share the solution. Can I win you over for this?

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FGTnewbie
New Contributor

errr so no reponse? Thanks Guys. Issue fixed by myself 

ede_pfau

Sorry, your post slipped, strange. You'll usually find support in the forums if someone has an idea - but still, this is a user's forum a.k.a. "best effort". Fortinet support could have helped you by now I'm sure.

One tiny step from 'desperate' to 'supporting' would be to share the solution. Can I win you over for this?

FGTnewbie

I initially used a wizard to setup the tunnel. I then converted the tunnel to a custom tunnel and i was able to add the additional subnets

I also learnt two important lessons 

1. Always backup you configuration before making any changes

2. Always double triple check with the configuration on the ASA (ncryptions, suubnets, etc) 

FGTnewbie

ede_pfau wrote:

I initially used a wizard to setup the tunnel. I then converted the tunnel to a custom tunnel and i was able to add the additional subnets I also learnt two important lessons 1. Always backup you configuration before making any changes2. Always double triple check with the configuration on the ASA (ncryptions, suubnets, etc)

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors