Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
genesisrin
New Contributor

will not allow me to connect the FortiClient

helloFortiClient.jpeg

I am trying to connect to the VPN but any user that I enter stays connected, I have already checked the users and they are functional, the network is free, it is not under any corporate domain, what can I do?
the version that I installed is the one from the page, I am using Windows.

2 REPLIES 2
pmeet
Staff
Staff

Can you please let me know if this IPSEC or SSL VPN ?

This seems like an issue with this computer itself,

I would suggest:

1) run a packet capture using Wireshark and see if this PC tries to even make a connection to the FGT public IP.

2) Make sure this computer is not running any third party antivirus software that is preventing the VPN connection

3) try reinstalling FCT again as you are not using free VPN and using ZTNA version.

Cheers,

PATELMM
kkhushdeep
Staff
Staff

Hello,

You can try connecting to the web mode from this device once, to isolate the problem to FCT.

Kindly also run a packet capture on the wan interface of the fortigate with the public ip of the user that is unable to connect.
You can check the following document for assistance on taking a packet capture
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.6/administration-guide/462154

Please also run the following debugs on the fortigate and try to initiate a connection from the user:

diag deb reset
diag debug console timestamp en
diagnose vpn ssl debug-filter src-addr4 <public ip>
diagnose debug application sslvpn -1
diag debug enable

Once the connection attempt is captured, please disable the debug using

di de res

If no traffic is coming to the fortigate check the gateway IP address on the forticlient configuration.
Test with different version fo the forticlient.
As mentioned in the previous update make sure there is no antivirus software running on this device.
If still not working try it from a different network sometimes it could be something from ISP if the port is blocked from ISP.

Regards,
Khushdeep

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors