Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
alinbuletin
New Contributor

multiple public addresses

Hi,

I have 4 public IP's given by our Internet supplier and I'm wondering if there is any way to push them thru Fortigate 100D LAN ports without NAT. I want to avoid the installation of another switch in between the ISP box and my firewall, in order to assign the 4 public IP's to another devices that I have on the plant.

Thanks,

Paul

1 REPLY 1
Big_Abe
New Contributor

Hey Paul, 

It's pretty tough to answer that exactly or with efficiency in mind without knowing the rest of your setup.  I'm taking a LOT of guesses 

I'm not too familiar with the 100D - but on my devices that I have all over the place I can assign a particular node with an external IP by creating an interface with the range that you have, then create objects for each external IP and map that to the VLAN.  That brings layer 2 to a layer 3 object and you can still use Application Sensors / IPS etc. 

Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  I know I have at least 1 endpoint configured directly with an external IP and from memory thats how I did it.  VLAN object -> Single IP Object within range on Interface -> ISP. 

I would also look to see if you can use NAT and internal addressing.  It'll probably save you headache down the road.  My $0.02 and I'm FULLY aware I'm still learning. 

FCNSP

-------------------------------------

"They have us surrounded again, those poor bastards."

-Unnamed Medic

FCNSP ------------------------------------- "They have us surrounded again, those poor bastards." -Unnamed Medic
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors