Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ralph1973
Contributor

memory issues with Fortigate 60c

Hello, I have a Fortigate 60c which is out of support since a couple of months. Now the flash memory appears to be damaged. I believe there is an option in the boot menu where you can press ' k' to go to the specified menu. However it asks for a password after pressing ' k' and I don' t know what I have to enter here (I tried same password used in admin recovery procedure) Does anyone have an idea? If nothing helps, can the flash memory be replaced? Thanks, Ralph
2 REPLIES 2
Fatih
New Contributor

Hi, You can format the flash with help from the following link. http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/viewContent.do?externalId=10338
FCNSA / FCNSP
FCNSA / FCNSP
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

It' s most likely the flash is bad and/or the config has been messed up, but if you can get a login prompt on the console port, you may be to login using the maintainer login, just follow the steps outlined in this PDF. Some of the hidden boot menu options, like formatting flash memory (<5.0) have been removed in later firmwares. (K option doesn' t do anything on this 200D I am configuring.) If you want to forgo backing up the config (or whatnot), I suggest formatting the boot device and tftp new firmware to it (Fatih posted the link for such instructions). If your login for the Fortinet support site is still good, I suggest grabbing the HQIP image for your 60C then load/run it. From what I hear, you can still renew your subscription on the 60C, but the cost will be from the day+1 of when the last subscription ended (or up to the last six months if longer).

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors