Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
GoldFran
New Contributor

help to configure Forti with Modem Cable (bridge mode)

Hi guys I have y my small business Modem Cable connection (Modem model CBN)... I put it in bridge mode so it has public IP. Well, first I check modem cable bridge mode with a PC and It´s OK, the PC has a external IP 85.136.x.x The problem is when I connect modem cable (port 1) in Forti 40c (Wan1)... - Modem cable in router mode with forti Wlan1 in DHCP mode, OK - Modem cable in bridge mode with Wan1 in dhcp mode, don´t find external IP 85.136.x.x so KO - Modem cable in bridge mode with Wan1 in manual mode, put external IP / subnet and don´t change default Forti DNS so KO too Question is: What can I configure Forti to navegate with connect PCs? I think that a problem with forti routing configuration but I don´t know...
1 REPLY 1
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

After setting the modem into bridge mode, config the WAN1 Interface for DHCP mode (remember to check the " Retrieve gateway address" option) then power cycle the modem.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors