Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Eric_Brown
New Contributor

cli confusion -- missing settings

I'm a little confused about how setting the config from the command line works. Specifically, when I enable router logging, the option disappears from the config. See below:

Fortigate (eventfilter) # show
config log eventfilter
    set system disable
    set vpn disable
    set user disable
    set router disable
    set wireless-activity disable
    set wan-opt disable
    set endpoint disable
    set ha disable
end

(eventfilter) # set router enable

Fortigate (eventfilter) # end

Fortigate (eventfilter) # show

config log eventfilter

set system disable

set vpn disable

set user disable

set wireless-activity disable

set wan-opt disable

set endpoint disable

set ha disable

end

Why does this happen? 

1 Solution
tanr
Valued Contributor II

Try "show full" or "show full-configuration" instead of just show.

The "show" command doesn't show settings that match the defaults, so since "router enable" is a default setting for "config log eventfilter" it won't be listed with just "show."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tanr
Valued Contributor II

Try "show full" or "show full-configuration" instead of just show.

The "show" command doesn't show settings that match the defaults, so since "router enable" is a default setting for "config log eventfilter" it won't be listed with just "show."

Eric_Brown

Thanks. That was easy. :) It's frustrating that I had to post that question here. I feel like most things I can find in the manual -- in fact, I had reviewed the CLI Reference thoroughly before posting. I just did a full-text search of the CLI reference for "show full" and the only thing that came was related to firewalls. I'm sure this is documented somewhere, but I must be looking in the wrong place. Thanks again!

tanr
Valued Contributor II

Though it does cover a lot, the official documentation could certainly use some refreshing (and grammar checking).

Besides these forums and google, I've found a lot of good tidbits in the book "UTM Security with Fortinet: Mastering FortiOS."  Despite being published in in 2012 it still has a lot of relevant info.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors