Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
KELSupport
New Contributor

Windows Parelle in MacOS cannot connect filesharing (From VPN)

I need to use Network office at home, so I installed a VPN on my Macbook running macOS and I made a VPN connection to access the network-shared folder which in macos system can access. network-shared folder without any problem, but when I run Windows Parallels (which is a windows os emulator installed on my Macbook) I have the problem of not being able to access the network-shared folder. 

2 REPLIES 2
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

It depends on the windows guest networking configured in the hypervisor (parallels). Can you check from windows CMD ">route print -4" which interface is using as a gateway?

If it's bridged to the physical adapter than it will not use the networks that are reached from the VPN (virtual adapter). You can try to point the traffic to the VPN interface or use a interface that NATs the guest traffic. I did a quick search for parallels and it seems it's called Shared Mode.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
KELSupport

Dear. ebilcari

Thank you for the answer I will check again.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors