FortiClient for OS X.
I installed this a few weeks ago because of company policy. Since that time I have been experiencing weird network problems. A plugin to Eclipse that wouldn' t install (http 400 error). Antivirus running in VMWare that wouldn' t update. Software updates that failed.
I have spent hours reinstalling software, trying different networks, I even set up a http proxy to debug the errors, but no errors were found on my side.
Quit FortiClient, and all the problems disappeared. Unbelievable!
Good day Anders.
I need more details from you for the Eclipse plugin report because I cannot replicate this.
- What is your Eclipse version?
- What plugin are you installing? Version?
- Please provide me with a log file while installing the plugin.
* Unlock GUI to perform administrative functions.
* Clear Logs first, " FortiClient->Preferences->Logging->Clear Logs"
* Turn on debug mode, " FortiClient->Preferences->Logging->Set log level to"
* Perform plugin installation
* Download Logs, " FortiClient->Preferences->Logging->Download Logs"
I imported your configuration to my FortiClient. I noticed that real-time protection (RTP) is turned on. I would like to isolate that this report is not caused by the anti-virus engine.
- Unlock GUI to perform administrative functions.
- Disable RTP.
- Perform plugin installation
Can you now install the plugin?
The Fortinet Security Fabric brings together the concepts of convergence and consolidation to provide comprehensive cybersecurity protection for all users, devices, and applications and across all network edges.