Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kphed
New Contributor III

WCF SSL Certificate Errors

Is anyone suddenly receiving certificate errors?  A large number of customers are reporting certificate errors when browsing exempted/trusted domains.  The SSL logs in the GUI show, "Server certificate blocked".

20 REPLIES 20
kaiseal1

No, can't confirm. We face the same problem on 6.4.6/6.4.7

jm75

Hello,

No, I have the problem with v6.4.7 build1911 (GA) firmware.

"SSL/SSH Inspection" profile allowing invalid certificates, it works. Allow invalid certificates, this is probably only possible for a limited number of sites

J.

Brimstar
New Contributor

Per discussion I had with support, if you're on 6.4.x flow-based rules (rather than proxy-based) should work.  We unfortunately use proxy-based inspection on our ruleset.

magzzzs
New Contributor

Same problem here. I had firmware 6.4.6 but upgraded to 6.4.7  build1911 (GA), but the problem is still there ...

I guess we have no other option than to allow invalid certificates, but I don't like it.

Would like to get a recommendation from Fortinet...

evertjanP
New Contributor

I run 7.0.2 and have the same issues. According to Fortinet support, changing the policy inspection mode from proxy to flow is a workaround.

https://kb.fortinet.com/k....do?externalID=FD49028

mike_dp
New Contributor

I don't think any Fortigate FW can be immune to this since it's a root cert expiring. We are affected as well for alll the policies on proxy mode on 6.4.6. We changed some to flow mode for a quick fix.

Does anyone know if Fortinet will release an "official" solution soon?

Fortigate : 80E, 80F, 100E, 200F, 300E : 6.4.6

FortiAnalyzer, ForticlientEMS

Fortigate : 80E, 80F, 100E, 200F, 300E : 6.4.6 FortiAnalyzer, ForticlientEMS
phanman

We are on 6.4.7.  All policies, web filters are already on flow mode.  The only temporary fix is to modify our deep inspection profile to allow expired certificates.   

Information Security
Information Security
mike_dp

I chatted with the support and they told me they will release something via Fortiguard but they have no clue when (I guess in the next few hours since it affects lots of clients). Our Fortinet rep said it affects proxy mode because that expired cert is cached.

Fortigate : 80E, 80F, 100E, 200F, 300E : 6.4.6

FortiAnalyzer, ForticlientEMS

Fortigate : 80E, 80F, 100E, 200F, 300E : 6.4.6 FortiAnalyzer, ForticlientEMS
nguyenbakhanh

mike_dp wrote:

I chatted with the support and they told me they will release something via Fortiguard but they have no clue when (I guess in the next few hours since it affects lots of clients). Our Fortinet rep said it affects proxy mode because that expired cert is cached.

mike_dp wrote:

FIX WIN 7: this site's security certificate is not trusted [link]https://youtu.be/0e42USqE-CM[/link]

it_service
New Contributor II

Issue on 6.4.5 temporarily resolved by following workaround: 1: verify cert bundle is v28 -> diag autoupdate versions -> execute update-now 2: apply DNS blackhole workaround: -> config system dns-database -> edit "1" -> set domain "identrust.com" -> config dns-entry -> edit 1 -> set hostname "apps" -> set ip 127.0.0.1 -> next -> end 3a: flow-mode: -> diag ips share clear cert_verify_cache 3b: proxy-mode: ->:diag test app wad 99

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors