Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ariq
New Contributor

User WebUses Report in Forti Analyzer

Hi

My Client needs to create a report based on a User's Web uses. the Report is generated but the report is based on the WebFilter profile. such as all the logs are Blocked. Because we have configured the web filter profile with tight security, now Client wants to know both Allowed and Blocked Logs based on User.

The "webs uses" template now only shows reports for blocked sites. it doesn't show the websites accessed by the user.

which template should i use to get my desired report? such as All session report/Forwarding traffic ??

Thanks in Advance

ARIQ

1 REPLY 1
Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey Ariq,

you should also see allowed traffic in the web usage reports on FortiAnalyzer IF webfilter profile is set to action monitor.

Webfilter profiles with action 'allow' do not generate any webfilter logs, and those are the ones FortiAnalyzer Web Usage reports look for.

Try the following:
- modify your existing webfilter profile and set action monitor anywhere you currently have action allow (traffic will not be blocked due to this, so nothing should change from user perspective)

- wait for some traffic to go through the policy and webfiltering, so you have logs for allowed webfilter traffic

- generate the report again (set the time to start from when you made the webfilter change)

Please let us know how it goes!

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors