Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jmcharrier
New Contributor II

Unable to connect with FortiClient VPN on Dell Latitude 7350

Hi all,

To summarize, FortiClient does not work on Dell Latitude 7350, because of the Intel BE200 card.

I can't get the prompt for the token.

In the logs, I can see "no response from the peer".

It works on wired connection, and it works also with an external USB wifi adapter.

Apparently, FortiClient and the Intel BE200 card are incompatible. What can be done in this case?

20 REPLIES 20
leasj
New Contributor II

Yeah it's definitely installing something... It works even after uninstalling WireShark. We only had the two laptops with issues so didn't really do too much digging into it. All I know is that's what worked for us.

Aspec
New Contributor

Hi - I had the same issue and fixed it by upgrading to Forticlient 7.2.4.0972. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Carbon Gen 12 with the Intel BE200 card. I am running the 23.80.0.7 driver for the WiFi card (which may be a Lenovo driver rather than Intel?).

For reference, Forticlient would connect over ethernet with no problems. Forticlient would not connect over WiFi, regardless of the WiFi network used. Forticlient would connect on other devices on these WiFi networks (albeit with different WiFi cards) - so the networks weren't the problem.

I had previously tried downgrading to all available Intel drivers for this WiFi card (23.40, 23.50, 23.60, 23.70) and Lenovo's own drivers (23.80.0.7), and this connection problem persisted. I had tried many different changes to the WiFi settings, network bands, etc. and the problem persisted.

The answer for me was upgrading to Forticlient 7.2.4.0972. I hope something similar works for you or anyone else with a similar problem.

As a side note, Forticlient will still not connect if I am on the internal office staff WiFi (all other WiFi networks including the office guest WiFi appear to work). I have given up trying to fix this minor issue as I don't require the VPN when in the office, but it's strange because others (with different WiFi cards) don't appear to have this issue.

jmcharrier
New Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, we use the last version of FortiClient, 7.4.0.1658. Maybe I should try version 7.2.4.0972 but I don't know where to find it.

jtrin
New Contributor II

We got the same issue on Dell 7450 Wi-Fi 7 BE200 with FortiClient 7.2.4.0972 and 7.2.5.1047 interim. Exhausted all the troubleshooting options. Tried the Wireshark trick too, but no luck. Fortinet support determined it's the card.

jmcharrier
New Contributor II

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

There's something new. Another person tried to connect to the VPN yesterday, also on a new PC, but a different model (Latitude 9450 2-in-1). It seems that FortiClient no longer works on Dell PCs that are too new, or with the very latest build of Windows 11...

leasj
New Contributor II

Since you got WireShark installed were you able to see if network requests were going out to your Firewall?

jtrin
New Contributor II

Nope, Wireshark didn't see it try to go out while trying to authenticate. I'm using Wireshark 4.2.6. Which version did you use to get to work?

leasj
New Contributor II

I doubt it makes a difference but I used 4.4.0

jtrin
New Contributor II

Yeah no good either. I've exhausted all the troubleshooting options.The wifi adapter is soldered on the board too. Best option is a usb wifi adapter for now.

Brielle564
New Contributor II

@jmcharrier wrote:

Hi all,

To summarize, FortiClient does not work on Dell Latitude 7350, because of the Intel BE200 card.

I can't get the prompt for the token.

In the logs, I can see "no response from the peer".

It works on wired connection, and it works also with an external USB wifi adapter.

Apparently, FortiClient and the Intel BE200 card are incompatible. What can be done in this case?

Is the "no response from the peer" error related to the network card, or could it be caused by FortiClient settings?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors