Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MArchito
New Contributor

Traffic shaper on policy

Why i cant see a Traffic shaper on a policy?

3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I don't know what version you're running. But at least with 5.6.x, when you create traffic shapers in GUI, you need to apply them to shaping-policies under "Traffic Shaping Policy". Not at IPv4/v6 Policy.

Fullmoon

TS is no longer in firewall policy and its has its own menu in the gui. Or else under System>Feature Visibility>Traffic Shaping (enable the toggle button)

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
hnmr
New Contributor III

In at least 5.6 you see traffic-shaper's settings in a firewall policy only, if you have enabled it on CLI or it was enabled it before updating to 5.6 from any earlier version. 

To assign traffic-shapers to a firewall policy, you need to issue a set command on CLI directly. After that the setting will show up in GUI too.

This may be the way Fortinet wants us to move from traffic-shaping in firewall policies to traffic-shaping policies. If their implementation of traffic-shaping polciies wouldn't be that incomplete, I would appreciate the idea.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors