Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
cde
New Contributor

Seeking Guidance on Managing Email Attachments for Security Purposes

Hello Everyone,

I've been extensively researching how to effectively manage email attachments for security reasons, particularly focusing on content filtering for specific file types like .zip files. While I've found information on replacing these flagged attachments with a text file, along with a header indicating that the original attachment has been removed for security reasons, I have yet to find a solution for releasing these blocked attachments when deemed safe.

To elaborate, our current system allows for potentially unsafe attachments to be replaced automatically. However, if a colleague determines that a specific attachment is indeed safe and requests its release, we currently have no established procedure for fulfilling this request.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or solutions on how to "release" these blocked attachments safely and efficiently from an IT department standpoint.

Thank you for your assistance.

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
anignan
Staff
Staff

Hi @cde ,

What Fortinet device are you using to block these attachments?

Abdel

anignan
Staff
Staff

Hi @cde 

Seems like you are using FML you should have action as personal quarantine and system quarantine.. In think in your case you should system quarantine so that an admin can release the attachment to the user mail box..

REF: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimail/7.4.0/administration-guide/907026/managing-the-quaranti....

Abdel

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors