Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fortibutt
New Contributor

SSL VPN full tunnel prevent on-link connection but still allow hosted VMs access

I ran into a conundrum this morning.  I want to prevent remote users from accessing their home resources while connected to SSL VPN, but I also want them to be able to run VMs on their workstation that can access resources through the tunnel.  Enabling exclusive-routing on the portal solves the first part but prevents the second.  Are there any ways around this in a full tunnel required environment?

4 REPLIES 4
pmeet
Staff
Staff

Once you enable the exclusive routing the on-link won't be able to get any traffic so I can't think of any way how your VM's can even communicate , I don't think its even possible may be it could be by creating a static route entry on your computer after it connects to the VPN

PATELMM
fortibutt

Yea the VM is basically on an island at that point.  So it sounds like exclusive routing isn't the ideal solution.  Is there another way to prevent remote users from accessing their printers but still allow their VMs to communicate?

Rajan_kohli
Staff
Staff

Hi @fortibutt,

you can use this article to Disable local network access: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiClient/Technical-Tip-Disable-local-network-access-when-split-...

Please let us know if it doesn't work

Regards

Rajan

Rajan Kohli
fortibutt

Hi Rajan,

Yes that's the article I implemented, but when you enable that, any VM that the remote endpoint has running on their machine can't communicate externally (the island comment I mentioned above).

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors