Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Bilal_Habib
New Contributor II

SSL VPN Client 7.0.2.69 DNS Resolvers - macOS

After some time period the DNS resolvers which FortiClient SSL VPN sets are dropped to bottom priority for DNS resolving.

Reconnecting temporarily fixes the issue.

I have checked this with SCUTIL and confirmed its the case, the device uses full DHCP.

I've never had this before with a previous version of FortiClient SSL VPN.

I'm using MacOS 12.0.1 and have already tried to fully uninstall and reinstall the SSL VPN Client.

Anyone facing the same issue?

Edit:

I had a look in the client logs and found the helper is setting the DNS resolver but doesn't set them once again after they have been changed.

I believe macOS is using the higher priority interface for wifi or ethernet to adjust the DNS resolvers

I tested macOS 11.6 with the same VPN client version and it seems to work completely fine, so macOS monty seems to be issue

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Kasey08
New Contributor

I find the auto install works well on Windows but works so badly on MacOS we've had to disable testmyspeed.onl .

Bilal_Habib
New Contributor II

Can you clarify what the auto install is please?

I had a look in the client logs and found the helper is setting the DNS resolver but doesn't set them once again after they have been changed.

I believe macOS is using the higher priority interface for wifi or ethernet to adjust the DNS resolvers

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors