Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
F-ALI
New Contributor II

SSL FortiClient VPN Configuration on Multiple ISPs with FortiGate 200F

I’m currently working with a FortiGate 200F that has two interfaces configured with public IPs, each connected to a different ISP. One of the interfaces (ISP-1) has an SSL FortiClient VPN activated for remote work users, and this interface is also set as the default route for the FortiGate.

Now, I would like to activate SSL FortiClient VPN on the second interface (ISP-2) while keeping the default route to ISP-1.

Could anyone provide guidance on how to configure the FortiGate to allow SSL VPN access through ISP-2 without changing the default route?

What would be the best practices for setting this up?

Thank you for your assistance!

7 REPLIES 7
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

Probably the only option is to use ECMP and have a static route with same metric for ISP2. Surely, the "other" outgoing traffic will not pass only over ISP1 (possibly SDWAN can achieve similar outcome)

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
F-ALI
New Contributor II

Thank you so much, @AlexC-FTNT , for your valuable support! I truly appreciate your help.
I’ll be looking into the topic on ECMP and SD-WAN.

dexteko1
Visitor

I set GPU compute and reverted to my last autosave and now there's an HDRI in Shading, (not ideal but whatever) and Compositing has its nodes back but it's still showing as black

Jean-Philippe_P

Hello, can you be more specific and explain your post so it can help @dexteko1 , please?

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
AlexC-FTNT

it's a bot - reply has random words, related to GPU/Shading and colors/display. Nothing to do here

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
F-ALI

Hi @Jean-Philippe_P 

I'm currently working with a FortiGate 200F that has two interfaces configured with public IPs, each connected to a different ISP.
One interface (ISP-1) is configured with an SSL FortiClient VPN for remote users and is set as the default route for the FortiGate.

I would like to activate the SSL FortiClient VPN on the second interface (ISP-2) while keeping the default route through ISP-1.

In short, I want to enable SSL FortiClient VPN on both ISPs, but keep the default route on ISP-1.

thanks for your interested

Jean-Philippe_P

Sorry, I wanted to speak to @dexteko1 for his post, my bad. I am a moderator here so can't help technically but hope you will have the fix soon!

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors