Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
riverstech
New Contributor

Restore Fom Config Bad Connectivity

Hi,

I recently restored a configure from my production 310B Firewall to my backup Firewall (Same model) after restoring the config I am getting very bad pings and spotty connectivity on all ports. I reset to default installed the same OS and then brought over the config. I would rather not build from scratch if I don't have to.

Thank You

Marc

1 Solution
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Power cycle the equipment attached to the backup fgt; based on your description of the problem it's possible there is a duplex/mismatch.  To be on the safe side, perform a "diagnose debug config-error-log read" from the CLI to see if there are any errors (doubtful if both devices are on the same firmware).  

For duplex/speed mismatch, perform "diag hardware deviceinfo nic <interface> from the CLI and look for any errors.  Alternately, run "fnsysctl cat /proc/net/dev" and check the 3rd/4th column values for errors.

Still having issues, run the HQIP test on the device in question.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

View solution in original post

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Power cycle the equipment attached to the backup fgt; based on your description of the problem it's possible there is a duplex/mismatch.  To be on the safe side, perform a "diagnose debug config-error-log read" from the CLI to see if there are any errors (doubtful if both devices are on the same firmware).  

For duplex/speed mismatch, perform "diag hardware deviceinfo nic <interface> from the CLI and look for any errors.  Alternately, run "fnsysctl cat /proc/net/dev" and check the 3rd/4th column values for errors.

Still having issues, run the HQIP test on the device in question.

riverstech
New Contributor

Dave Thank you for the info. I've decided since I will be setting up redundant links I should start from scratch.

Thanks

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors