Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Gerry
New Contributor

QOS Question

Hi

I'm trying to get my head around setting up QOS/ traffic Shaping for a particular need we have.  My big concern is not to adversely affect other network traffic if possible.

Fortigate 200B Firmware: v5.0 build0318 - GA Patch 12

We have a 150/150 pipe, we have around 40-50 staff.  We have some staff using SIP and what I'm hoping to do is rule out other network traffic being the cause of their occasional poor SIP experience.  The problem is we also run webinars which don't seem to be experiencing network issues so my big concern is I don't want to adversely affect the webinar traffic by prioritising the SIP traffic.  The rest of the traffic ranges from cloud based services, browsing and large HD vide content uploads.

Can someone point me in the direction of how to go about improving SIP traffic without adversely affecting certain other traffic?  I looked at the Fortinet traffic shaping doc and while some of it looked like what I'm after, my above concerns remained.  I was also not sure if the rules in the examples refer/ apply to say all traffic at a given time or each instance of that traffic e.g. if you set guaranteed bandwidth for SIP in a rule, is that guaranteed bandwidth allocated to all SIP traffic or does each SIP connection get that guaranteed bandwidth?

Sorry for the essay, thanks for any help/ pointers.

gR

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors