Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
msimpki1
New Contributor

Public WiFi access portal with Guest tracking.

I want to set up guest access at a local church parish for parishioners to use while on the grounds.  But I want a way to track who is using the service, for security logging and use tracking.  Creating static accounts is not practical.  I'd like to use some sort of guest portal to gather email or SMS and have it verified and pass along their temporary password, via their email or SMS, like I have seen at other places.

I have looked through the Fortinet documentation and videos, but do not see anything like this.  Is this possible and what is needed to set this up?

3 REPLIES 3
davidmichaels
New Contributor

Hey,

Be careful while you're using Public WiFi because it can compromise your data 

msimpki1

Uh, thanks for the warning.  But I am looking for a technical discussion here.

Markus
Valued Contributor

In short, yes this is possible. Basically you need Fortiauthenticator for self-service registration and user tracking. A point to start could be here http://cookbook.fortinet.com/category/fortiauthenticator-5-0/fortiauthenticator-5-1-1

Best

________________________________________________________--- NSE 4 ---________________________________________________________
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors